Microsoft’s Windows Movie Maker almost rules the market for being the best free video editor but after exploring with Ezvid for some time, I consider this a more well-designed solution than Movie Maker. Moreover, I created a list of following programs which can be a great and better alternatives to Windows Movie Maker too!
Also, Windows Movie Maker has been having a lot of issues or problems especially when you install it in Windows 7 as the Windows Movie Maker (WMM) is very limited in its functionality – it does not work well in a wide variety of Windows platforms. Furthermore, a lot of people are having problems uploading their videos onto Youtube, or playing their videos after rendering it, or Windows Movie Maker just don’t really worked at all with their PC (see some of the comments from users below).
That said, here’s a few of the best Windows Movie Maker alternatives you can use to create your own videos without having those issues you find at WMM:
Ezvid is a free video and slideshow maker that is made for Windows and designed for Youtube, which works well in a variety of Windows platforms – from Windows XP, Vista to Windows 7. Unlike Windows Movie Maker which is version specific – the WMM 2.6 only runs smoothly if you use Windows Vista but not with Windows 7. In the same manner, the old version only runs well on XP but not on Vista or Windows 7 too, so if you are a Windows 7 user, you cannot use these versions but need to find another version that is compatible with your Windows OS.
So here we take a look at the additional features and functionalities of Ezvid:
- Create and edit Your Video with Elegance – You simply drag-n-drop your video clips in the media panel and your movie is ready for upload to Youtube. You can insert texts, audio, comments or do voice over while video is playing. You can add slow motion or fast motion effects by dragging the timeline of each clip or shorten the timeline of each clip.
- Works well in a wide variety of Windows platforms – the current version of Ezvid (Ezvid 0.6.18) works really pretty well in ALL Windows platforms thus you will not encounter a lot of technical issues or installation problems with this. You will be sure that after you’re done with your video and upload it to Youtube, it will definitely run!
- Youtube-ready – Ezvid is Youtube-ready which means that after you save and rendered your video, you can upload it directly to Youtube as long as you have a Youtube account. And in just a few minutes, you will see your video go live in your Youtube. No hassle, right? So if you really plan on making some videos for uploading into Youtube, use Ezvid.
- Make Slideshows and Visualizations – Turn your photos or any still images into slideshows with free background music. You can just simply drag-n-drop your pictures from JPG, PNG, GIF, and add background music to it then give some cool texts and you have now your slideshow video. You can edit your slideshow: Add, delete or shuffle photos. Thus, Ezvid can be a perfect tool for school computer projects and activities.
- Supports Major Types of Video Formats – Imports files in AVI, WMV, and MOV, MP4, as well as video formats coming from your camera or phone.
- FREE Soundtracks – Royalty-free music from 009 Sound System and Aalborg Soundtracks is included with the free download of ezvid, to help users make youtube videos and upload youtube videos which are guaranteed to be copyright-clean
- Record your Own Voice – Ezvid let you record your own voice or do narration while video is playing making Ezvid popular among gamers, who use Ezvid to upload videos captured with software like fraps, hypercam, and camstudio.
- It is Absolutely FREE – Yes, it is free and there is no registration required for download.
With features listed, Ezvid provides a better alternative solution to expensive software like imovie, final cut pro, and limited web-based solutions like one true media, xtranormal, wevideo, and stupeflix.
AVS Video Editor
Can edit your video recordings and is capable of making your own movie with just a simple drag-and-drops, almost same like Ezvid. It can enhance your videos with effects, menus and audio, so that they have a professional look
- It can manage various video formats – Edit & save video files in AVI, VOB, MP4, DVD, WMV, 3GP, MOV, MKV, H.263/H.264 codecs
- Edit Your Video with Fantasy - you can Trim, cut, split, merge, rotate and mix videos.
- Speed Up HD-Videos Editing
- Process Blu-Ray Videos
- Capture Your Video
- Share your video – can be uploaded to various video sites too
Free Video Converter
Is designed without any limitations and hidden costs! This is freeware of new level, which offers a quality alternative to paid products.
Convert video free to AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, MPEG, 3GP, DVD, MP3, iPod, iPhone, PSP, Android, rip & burn DVD, convert to Flash FLV & SWF, burn Blu-ray, and upload to YouTube with our free video converter!
- Input any video file formats
- Out to most popular formats as well
- Burn Blu-ray Video
- Advanced Preset Editor
- Can also upload videos to Youtube
- Like Ezvid, it can also make slideshows and visualizations
That’s it. I’ve given you my best alternatives for Windows Movie Maker. All programs are FREE for downloads..
Thanks for reading!