Top 5 Free Screen Recording Software For Windows
Screen recording (screencast) has become one of the most effective ways to describe or demonstrate your how-to tutorials. Words aren’t enough and so technologies made major innovation by creating powerful software that can deliver a faster communication and a better way to understand you.
While paid versions are worth what you have paid for, there’s some free screen recording software however that is almost comparable to those paid ones and perform much better and easier. So if you are looking for some simple, easy-to-use, and best of all, free screen recording tool then have a look at these collection of top 5 free screen recording software for Windows.
First of is:
1. Ezvid – with the current version of Ezvid today, it’s now able to capture/record screen in real-time and never leaves a Watermark of your video.
Ezvid captures every activity happening on your screen – i.e. simple mouse movements, video playing on your desktop, pictures or images, and so Ezvid records everything you see on your desktop screen. Ezvid is at the same time a free video and slideshow maker for Windows letting you edit your captured screen, save projects, add voice narration, uploads to YouTube, and shares to anyone whether in FB, Twitter, or other websites which supports video embedding. It supports major file types – AVI, MOV, MPEG, MP4, FLV files and lots more.
Not only it can record screen, it is also able to synthesize speech paving the way to produce computer narration of your normal language text. It’s now the easiest text-to-speech system and the first ever integrated within a free video maker!
Ezvid runs in a wide variety of Windows platforms – including XP SP3, Windows Vista, 7 and its Windows 8-ready. So it’s a Windows compatible screen recording tool. It’s a very light app and it’s totally free. No registration required for you to download the program.
OS: Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7/ 8
File Size: 0.96 MB
2. CamStudio – is a screen recording tool that is able to record everything on your screen including audio activity on your computer. Its video output is an AVI video file however, with its built-in “SWF Producer”, it can turn AVI files into bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash (SWF) videos
With CamStudio, you can create demonstration videos for any software program. You can also use it to create video tutorials for school or college class presentations. Got a product to sell, you can also make use of CamStudio to create video-based information.
OS: Windows 95/NT/98/Me/2000/XP/
File Size: 4.26MB
3. BSR Screen Recorder – this is a screen recording tool which captures video and audio at the same time. It basically records anything on your screen and imports in various video formats – AVI, SWF, or WMV. It has the option to record any portion of your screen. Supports zoom in and zoom out during recording with 2d and 3d features.
It’s free but has a watermark on output.
OS: Windows 2003/ Vista /Server 2008/ 7/
File Size: 14.61MB
4. Jing – is another product software from TechSmith that’s able to take screenshots of your screen and captures audio and video activity on your computer. You can select any area of your screen you’d like to record and captures everything that happens on that area. It’s capable of sharing your video instantly to anyone.
However, Jing screencast is only limited to 5 minutes. You must become a Pro to lengthen the duration of your screen recording.
When you download Jing, be sure you have these system requirements:
Windows users – Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Mac users – QuickTime 7.5.5 or later
OS: Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.5.8
File Size: 7.67 MB
5. Webinaria – is another screen recording tool for Windows which records any desktop screen movements and audio at the same time but only uploads using a Flash format. With your microphone on or Webcam, it starts recording your desktop presentation. You can also select the region or area to capture.
With the latest version, it has the ability to edit video – it can save projects it can also add text, sound and it can add other Web cam effects to your video.
OS: Windows NT/98/Me/2000/XP/Vista
File Size: 2.47MB
So you just have your top 5 free screen recording software for Windows. Now up to you which program best fits your needs and what’s easier for you. So get to know them better by downloading and experimenting with them. Enjoy and get the latest updates here at Ezvid.com.
Posted by: Elizabeth Maartens