How To Put A Link In A YouTube Video
Do you have YouTube videos and wanted to place clickable links? Placing links into your YouTube videos brings significant amount of traffic to your video, channel and your website as well. Not only that, it also is a vote for your website helping your site rank on Google’s search engine pages. And so I will show you how you can easily place links to your video. It’s pretty simple.
There are three ways to put links to your video: One is by utilizing the description field option in your YouTube account. The other one is by putting clickable links onto Ezvid’s description field, and the third one is by adding links at the “Video Annotation” option of YouTube.
To put a clickable link in the description field of your YouTube video, simply follow these steps:
1. Login to your YouTube account
2. Go to Video Manager (and a list of your videos will show up)
3. Click the “Edit” option of the video you like to place a link. Then you are directed to the “Info and Settings” interface.
4. At the “Info and Settings” tab, find the “Description” field and type in the link/s you want to place. Be sure it starts with an http:// for it to work. Do not start with www or it is not clickable.
5. Click “Save Changes” and that should do it.
6. To view the changes you’ve made, click the “View on video page” button and it will then show you the video with the link you’ve just placed on the description.
To place a clickable link using Ezvid, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Download Ezvid Free Video & Slideshow Maker for YouTube and install it on your computer.
2. Create videos by simply dragging and dropping still images or clips on Ezvid’s timeline.
3. Then at the Description field, you can place clickable links in this box and you also have the option to describe more what your video is. Be sure to also put a title and keywords to your video before uploading it to YouTube.
4. Upload it on YouTube by clicking the “upload to YouTube” button and wait for a few minutes. Then a link to your YouTube video is given to you.
These are the two easiest ways to place links onto your YouTube videos. These would help drive traffic back to your site.
The third one is a bit different but it’s still another way to put a link in the video itself. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to your YouTube account and click the “Video Manager” button.
2. Click the arrow next to “Edit” button of the video and then choose “Annotations”
3. When you’re at the Annotations page, click the “Add annotation tab”. You may choose a speech bubble, a note, title, etc. In this example, click “note”
4. Scroll to the bottom until you see a Link section.
5. You can either place another video link URL you own, a channel name, a YouTube username to subscribe, or a link to a fundraising project. This is the downside of YouTube as it will not allow any external links be added in your video. Before, you can place external links using Annotations feature, but with the new design and layout of YouTube today, this was no longer supported.
And so you I’ve just showed you how to put a link in a YouTube video. Hope you enjoyed it. Be sure to download Ezvid now and start creating fun videos.